Is a Replacement Conservatory Roof an Investment?
THE SIMPLE ANSWER IS YES!
HOWEVER AS WITH ALL HOME IMPROVEMENTS CHOOSING THE RIGHT SUPPLIER IS CRUCIAL.
Many homeowners are now making the decision to replace their conservatory roof for a solid/tiled roof (thousands a year are being replaced!) and there are a number of suppliers to choose from. Choosing the right supplier is crucial when protecting your investment.
PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT
- Choose a supplier that has experience in replacing conservatory roofs. It may seem obvious but one size does not fit all, a supplier with experienced installers will be able to offer a better result.
- Make sure there are customers you can talk to and visit. Hearing about the process from beginning to end (and beyond) from a homeowner and the benefits achieved will give you a much better understanding than anything you can read.
- Make sure the Surveyor/Salesperson measures up properly. If they don’t it’s possible they haven’t fully considered your existing structure and are unlikely to be using a structural engineer, potentially causing problems further down the line.
- Who will be checking the quality of the work? The LABC will inspect a Wetheralds Allwether Conservatory Roof on at least two occasions.
- Any good supplier will cover your financial investment with the CPA – Consumer Protection Association.
- Guarantees of at least 10 years should be offered by the supplier, with materials guarantees lasting much longer.
MAKING THE INVESTMENT
Once you have chosen a supplier that ticks all the right boxes you will be on the way to protecting your investment!
Agents offer varying percentages on the increase in house value after a conservatory roof is replaced with a solid/tiled roof, however adding a new room to your home will generally add at least 10%. The energy costs saved are hard to measure but most customers notice a significant difference in their room temperature – requiring less energy for radiators/fans.
Ultimately the decision you make and the supplier you choose will affect your investment and your ability to enjoy your new room for many years to come. Often the best solution doesn’t appear to be the cheapest, however, you can’t always put a price on finding a supplier that ticks all the boxes in protecting your investment.